Tessa Taylor arrives in 1870s Upper Peninsula, Michigan, planning to serve as a new teacher to the town. Much to her dismay, however, she immediately learns that there was a mistake, that the town had requested a male teacher. Percival Updegraff, superintendent and chief mine clerk, says she can stay through winter since they won’t be able to locate a new teacher before then, and Tessa can’t help but say she is in his debt. Little does she know that Percival will indeed keep track of all that she owes him.
Determined to become indispensable, Tessa throws herself into teaching, and soon the children of the widowed lighthouse keeper have decided she’s the right match for their grieving father. Their uncle and assistant light keeper, Alex Bjorklund, has his own feelings for Tessa. As the two brothers begin competing for her hand, Tessa increasingly feels that someone is tracking her every move, and she may not be able to escape the trap that has been laid for her.
Editorial Reviews for Undaunted Hope
- RT Book Reviews: “Hedlund again provides a satisfying, heartwarming story of adventure, adversity and love in the Michigan wilderness. Her characters leap from the pages with verve and wit, and readers can’t help but cheer for them.” ~ Carolyn Martin, 4 Stars
- Booklist: ” In the third book in her faith-based Beacons of Hope series, Hedlund offers a realistic look at the precarious plight of miners and the unbearable life of people in a town where an official without a moral compass controls every aspect of their lives.” ~ Shelley Mosley
Reader Reviews for Undaunted Hope
- Lisa Bartelt: “I appreciate that Hedlund is willing to put her characters through difficulty so they can discover a truer sense of purpose and self and experience greater trust in God.”
- Trixi: “This is a beautifully written story that captures your heart & soul and leaves you with a satisfying sigh at the end!”
- Jen: “Humor, suspense, romance, history and faith all mingle together in one of my now favorite books.”
- BookwormMama: “Jody Hedlund has quickly become one of my absolute favorite authors! This is an excellent book and one that I know I will read again.”
- Jill Kemerer: “As with all Ms. Hedlund’s books, this one is a page turner with lots of conflict and some swoonworthy moments. All is wrapped up in a supremely satisfying ending!”
My name is Isabelle Thornton and I sit down at my father’s desk this winter day to put into words all of the many thoughts and experiences I’ve had since the big storm hit in October two months ago….
Click here to keep reading.
My Wonderful Readers
My Readers’ Creations
Jody’s Visit to Eagle Harbor Lighthouse
A great way for Jody to sign your e-book copy of Undaunted Hope.