Read the prequel to Jody’s An Uncertain Choice!
In this historical romance novella by Jody Hedlund, young Rosemarie finds herself drawn to Thomas, the son of the nearby baron. But just as her feelings begin to grow, a man carrying the Plague interrupts their hunting party. While in forced isolation, Rosemarie begins to contemplate her future—could it include Thomas? Could he be the perfect man to one day rule beside her and oversee her parents’ lands?
Then Rosemarie is summoned back to her castle in haste. The disease has spread, and her family is threatened. And the secret she discovers when she returns could change her future forever.
Blog Reviews for The Vow:
- Little Miss Bookworm: “This novella was Jody Hedlund’s debut into the YA genre and its strong start has me hooked. The vivid descriptions alone make everything about the medieval period come alive.”
- Book Talk & More: “If this forty-odd page introduction to Rosemarie is any indication, Hedlund’s YA debut is sure to be a flawlessly researched, tightly-plotted, heart-stopping romance, with a potential appeal sure to extend Hedlund’s fanbase beyond the inspy market.”
- Amazon Reader, Laura G: “Despite the short length, it had everything of a full-length novel – excellent character development, substantial plot points, and it’s leaving me even more eager for the full-length novel to release.”
- Amy Drown: “What a great little teaser for Jody’s brand-new YA medieval series! Now I REALLY can’t wait to read An Uncertain Choice!”
- Amazon Reader, Kimmy: “Jody Hedlund writes YA fiction with the same passion and poetry that she brings to her adult fiction and leaves me begging for more!”
- Books and Beverages: “When I heard last year that Jody Hedlund was coming out with a YA novel this year, I may have squealed just a little. I adore her books…this is one of the best novellas I’ve read.”
My Readers’ Creations
Created by the talented Laura Pol
A great way for Jody to sign your e-book copy of The Vow