Having grown up in a lighthouse, loneliness is all Isabelle Thornton has ever known–and all, she assumes, she ever will know. But when her lightkeeper father rescues a young man from the lake, her sheltered world is turned upside down.
Bestselling author Jody Hedlund’s Out of the Storm is her first ever novella and introduces readers to Beacons of Hope, a new series set in the 1800s amid the romance, history, and danger surrounding the Great Lakes lighthouses of Michigan.
Blog Reviews for Out of the Storm:
- Edgy Inspirational Romance: “There’s some nursing back to health, a bit of danger and intrigue, and a healthy measure of romance in this story. Oh, and some very passionate kissing. Sigh…”
- D.L. Kamstra’s blog: “This was a wonderful novella to start of the series. It had a number of surprising revelations and there was a tension that coursed through it pushing the story forward.”
- Cassie’s blog: “I was completely charmed by this novella…Jody Hedlund has written another compelling story to prepare readers for her Beacons of Hope series.”
- Brittany’s blog: “Even though the romance moved at a faster pace, I still connected with the characters and felt that things did not move too quickly.”
- Wall-to-Wall Books: “Sometimes I feel unsatisfied with short stories or novellas, but this one felt perfect! It was just the right length. It kept my attention all throughout and was very romantic!”
Presque Isle Lighthouse
Lake Huron, Michigan
My name is Isabelle Thornton and I sit down at my father’s desk this winter day to put into words all of the many thoughts and experiences I’ve had since the big storm hit in October two months ago….
Click here to keep reading.
A great way for Jody to sign your e-book copy of Out of the Storm