Presque Isle, Michigan
What Is the Secret That Could Shipwreck Both of Their Lives?
All Emma Chambers ever wanted was a home, but when her steamboat sinks just outside Presque Isle, she’s left destitute and with no place to stay.
An unlikely solution arises when the lighthouse keeper arrives in town. He’s just lost his wife and is having a difficult time caring for his child. So a traveling preacher gets the idea that the keeper and Emma might be the answer to each other’s dilemma. After a hasty marriage, she finds herself heading to the lighthouse with this handsome but quiet stranger. Nothing in her aimless life, though, has prepared her for parenting a rambunctious toddler, as well as managing a household.
Emma soon suspects Patrick may be hiding something from her, and then she hears a disturbing rumor about the circumstances surrounding his late wife’s death. It seems as if her wish for a home and family of her own could end up leading her once more into turbulent waters.
“Romance, an almost Hitchcockian mystery, and a tale of repentance make a fine mixture in Hedlund’s captivating and suspenseful inspirational novel.” –Booklist
Free Downloads for Love Unexpected
Love Unexpected is now available on Audible.
Listen to a sample and download here!
Awards for Love Unexpected
- 2015 Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award Finalist
Editorial Reviews for Love Unexpected
- Booklist: “Romance, an almost Hitchcockian mystery, and a tale of repentance make a fine mixture in Hedlund’s (A Noble Groom, 2013) captivating and suspenseful inspirational novel.”
Blog Reviews for Love Unexpected
- Sally’s Creative Corner: “This is a beautifully written story of second chances laced with grace . . . I was hooked from the first page and didn’t put it down until it was finished.”
- The Literary Maidens: “One of my favorite parts of this story was the setting and characters. There is just something very calming about lighthouses; and the tenderness of the storyline combined with the backdrop made for a very pleasurable read.”
- Dawn Janis’s blog: “Why does this book stand out to me? I think it’s because Patrick is not a perfect man. He’s flawed. He’s suffered. He has a past. He is real. And there is so much depth to him too. And Emma also shows that she’s deep.”
- Lisa Bartelt’s blog: “Love Unexpected is part love story, part history lesson, part mystery, and Jody crafts a page-turning tale. I literally tell myself, “One more chapter,” half a dozen times before I have to step away from the story to take care of real life.”
- Write Now: “A sweet story, full of historical detail and genuine characters. I enjoyed watching Patrick’s and Emma’s relationship develop, as well as how their challenges helped shape their character. It was interesting to learn the inner workings and the importance of lighthouses, especially during this period in American history.”
Presque Isle Lighthouse
Lake Huron, Michigan
My name is Isabelle Thornton and I sit down at my father’s desk this winter day to put into words all of the many thoughts and experiences I’ve had since the big storm hit in October two months ago….
Click here to keep reading.
My Readers’ Creations
A great way for Jody to sign your e-book copy of Love Unexpected