“Award-winning author Hedlund continues to perfect her craft…”–Publishers Weekly
After her father’s death, Caroline Taylor has grown confident running the Windmill Point Lighthouse. But in 1865 Michigan, women aren’t supposed to have such roles, so it’s only a matter of time before the lighthouse inspector appoints a new keeper–even though Caroline has nowhere else to go and no other job available to her.
Ryan Chambers is a Civil War veteran still haunted by the horrors of battle. He’s been given the post as lighthouse keeper, and the isolation where he can drown in drink and hide from his past is appealing. He’s not expecting the current keeper to be a feisty and beautiful woman who’s none-too-pleased to be giving up her position. They both quickly realize he’s in no shape to run the lighthouse, but Ryan’s unwilling to let anyone close, ravaged by memories and guilt. Caroline is drawn to this wounded soul, but with both of them relying on that single position, can they look past their loss to a future filled with hope…and possibly love?
Editorial Reviews for Hearts Made Whole:
- RT Book Reviews: “With painterly prose that never skimps on wit and verve, Hedlund gives us vivid characters, inventive plot twists, fascinating historical detail and heartfelt faith journeys that make the book’s reach-for-the-tissues ending all the more satisfying. Lovers of inspirational romance won’t want to miss this sparkling gem of a novel.” ~ Carolyn Martin RT Top Pick, 4 1/2 Stars
- Booklist: “Hedlund’s superb and affecting story of faith and healing is set in the past, but its message about soldiers returning from battle rings just as true today.” ~ Shelley Mosley, Booklist Starred Review
Honors for Hearts Made Whole
Free downloads for Hearts Made Whole
Read an Excerpt
Q & A with Jody
Hearts Made Whole is now available on Audible.
Listen to a sample and download here!
Reader Reviews for Hearts Made Whole:
- Susan C: “Historical fiction at its best! Jody Hedlund’s Hearts Made Whole is a book you will not want to miss. This story is full of suspense and romance. It is also a story of forgiveness and learning reliance upon God.”
- Lynne Y: “This book is another winner for Ms. Hedlund! From the first page the story took hold and never let go until the last page. I love this series.”
- Teacher Reader: ” I truly appreciated that Jody Hedlund can create romantic, historical, Christian fiction and do it in a way that I could easily recommend this book to anyone.”
- K Lange: “Ms. Hedlund artfully paints each scene through realistic characters and authentic action and details that complement an engaging plot. Her writing possesses a richness and depth that fully surrounds and immerses the reader.”
- Stacey: “Hedlund is a master at creating wonderful romantic moments for her characters. I know that when I read one of her books I’m going to have those butterflies-in-my-stomach moments and this book was no exception!”
Presque Isle Lighthouse
Lake Huron, Michigan
My name is Isabelle Thornton and I sit down at my father’s desk this winter day to put into words all of the many thoughts and experiences I’ve had since the big storm hit in October two months ago….
Click here to keep reading.
My Wonderful Readers
My Readers’ Creations
A great way for Jody to sign your e-book copy of Hearts Made Whole