2014 Carol Award Winner for Historical Romance
Annalisa Werner’s hope for a fairy tale love is over. Her husband failed her in every way and now his death has left her with few options to save the family farm. She needs a plentiful harvest. That, and a husband to help bring it in. Someone strong, dependable. That’ll be enough. A marriage for love…that’s something she’s given up on.
So her father sends a letter to his brother in the Old Country, asking him to find Annalisa a groom.
Then a man appears: Carl Richards, from their home country of Germany and a former schoolteacher–or so he says. He’s looking for work and will serve on the farm until her husband arrives.
With time running out, she accepts his help, but there’s more to this man than he’s admitting. He’s also gentle, kind, charming–unlike any man she’s ever known. But even as Carl is shining light into the darkness of her heart, she knows her true groom may arrive any day.
A Noble Groom is now available on Audible.
Listen to a sample and download here!
Free Downloads for A Noble Groom
Awards for A Noble Groom
- 2014 Winner of an Inspy Award
- 2014 Winner of Carol Award
- 2014 Christian Book Review Blog Award
Editorial Reviews of A Noble Groom
- Booklist: “Swiftly becoming a well-known contender in the world of Christian historical fiction, Hedlund skillfully taps into her own German heritage to develop this tale of Old World romance and masked identity set against the backdrop of a nineteenth-century German American community.”
- TitleTrakk: “Evocative and engaging, A Noble Groom is memorable on every level, none more so than one pivotal scene that reflects love, passion, and restraint so beautifully that it made my heart pound and tears well up.” ~Rel Mollet
Blog Reviews of A Noble Groom
- Deanna Rupp of Dancing in His Light: “A Noble Groom, by the wonderful, fabulous Jody Hedlund, is a book you should purchase immediately! Too bossy? Okay. Let me re-word. It would be to your advantage to purchase a copy of said book for your reading enjoyment. How’s that? Better?”
- Anne of Anne’s Book Nook: “I was as smitten with Carl as Annalisa; Carl’s relationship with Gretchen and the baby is the most adorable father/daughter portrayal I have ever read. Soooo sweet!”
- Jamie Lapeyrolerie of Books & Beverages: “A Noble Groom was simply fantastic. Not that I expected anything different. Jody’s books are always awesome and this one was no different. I was hooked from the beginning.”
- Holly Weiss of Ezine Articles: “Best-selling author Jody Hedlund doesn’t just write engrossing stories and characters. She makes them sing. A Noble Groom delivers what we long for and then some.”
- Laura Pol of Crafty Booksheeps: “A Noble Groom had everything I want in a book: romance, suspense, action, and a deepness that makes you question your own thoughts. It is so powerful and you will not be disappointed by the powerful message it brings!”
- Jaime of Coffee Cups & Camisoles: “If you haven’t read Jody’s books yet, you’re missing out. She envelopes you in German heritage in A Noble Groom. But as is Jody’s fashion, you’re not overwhelmed with historical facts, nor are you underwhelmed by story. It’s a perfect blend of culture, history, life in the 19th Century, and romance.”
- Joleen Graumann of Breath Perfumed: “Thank you Jody for a sensational read full of culture, God’s love, and very real, memorable characters that we can learn from!”
A great way for Jody to sign your e-book copy of A Noble Groom